The Naked Truth (MBR Progress)
Drum roll…but a very soft one. The master bathroom is presentable! But if it were human, it would feel a little…naked. There are some finishing touches we haven’t gotten around to just yet. Still, we’ve made pretty good progress–and it’s much better than before, so I figured it’s time to show the world even though it’s not 100% complete.
Here’s the before…
And here’s the Now:
This vanity is great…drawers for storage and a shelf underneath for towels, etc. We’re surface abusers–so by keeping our everyday necessities in the drawers, we can open the drawer, use it, and then close it away. Ideally, most stuff won’t get a chance to touch the counter, let alone stay there. Ideally.
And I have big hopes for the TP holder. I’m not kidding when I say that the act of taking out the springy bar to remove the empty TP roll and replace it with a new one on a traditional TP holder is really too much effort for us most of the time. This might transform our lives…
^Wow, I just realized how lazy we are :(
Here’s what we have left to do:
1) Install a vanity light.
2) Install towel hooks–already purchased. We’re forgoing towel bars altogether since it’s easier to just throw a towel on a hook than to fold it in order to put it on a bar. They’re also handy for storing a sweatshirt or other clothing you plan to wear again so it doesn’t end up on the floor. <—There's that lazy thing again!
3) Build the shelves that go in the tiny space to the left of the shower. It won't be much but will give us a little bit of extra storage space.
4) Frame out the mirror using some trim and some construction adhesive.
5) Replace the lightswitch and plug with brown ones and install Oil Rubbed Bronze swith/outlet plates. (We're doing this throughout the entire house to stay consistent.)
6) Some sort of window covering for the window? I don't think the neighbors have a view into this room, but…